Rheumatoid arthritis is a form of arthritis and autoimmune disease. It can cause intense pain in the joints and damage throughout the body.
In rheumatoid arthritis, if one leg joints get damaged or affected then the same problem can occur in the other leg, too. By this factor, it is different from other forms of arthritis.
If you get early diagnosis of the RA, then the treatment will get smoother and the results would be best.
Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis mostly causes inflammation and pain in the joints along with the other symptoms. There are two periods in RA:
- Exacerbations: When the symptoms are at the peak level.
- Remission: When there are no symptoms at all.
The common symptoms of the Rheumatoid arthritis are:
- Swelling in the joints
- Joint pain
- Stiffness in the joints
- Deformities in the joints.
- Fatigue and loss of appetite
The symptoms can range from severe to mild. A person shouldn’t ignore these symptoms as if the treatment didn’t provide on time can make the situation worsen.
If you are suffering from the above-mentioned symptoms, you must definitely consult an expert rheumatologist like Dr. Bhupendra Vaishnav. Dr. Vaishnav is having expertise in treating several types of arthritis including RA, Spondyloarthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis, Gout, and others.
There are several factors which can increase the chances of a person to suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis. Some of those major factors are:
- Age: RA can affect person of every age, however, the majority of the patients has been found of the age group 40-60.
- Sex: RA is nearly 2-3 times is more common in women in comparison to men.
- Genetic Factors: RA is the result of the combination of genetic and environmental factors for e.g. smoking and diet. The genetic link has not been found yet but if your parents or closed ones are suffering from RA then you are more likely to suffer from it.
- Weight: Like any other disease, an overweight person has more chances of getting this disease than a healthy weight.
Diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis
There are multiple tests involved in confirming the patient whether he/she is suffering from RA or not.
A rheumatologist is a specialist in diagnosing and treating all forms of arthritis. The rheumatologist will first ask about the symptoms you are suffering and your medical history.
A physical exam would also get performed. It will include:
- Observing redness and swelling
- Observing the range of motion of joint
- Checking joint warmness and tenderness
In the case of RA, the rheumatologist will prepare a course for the treatment.
As mentioned above, a rheumatologist is an expert in providing the treatments of rheumatoid arthritis.
The rheumatologist will make a proper treatment plan to help you in managing the symptoms of this disease and for minimizing the pain.
The treatment will include:
- Medications: The rheumatologist will prescribe you certain medications which will help in controlling the pain and side effects of the disease.
- Plans for proper exercise and balanced diet which will help you in getting and staying healthy.
- Proper checkup to know whether the disease is under control or not by examining the current symptoms.
Are you looking for the Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment in Jaipur, then you must definitely consult Dr Bhupendra Vaishnav. Dr. Bhupendra is a highly trained and certified rheumatologist having expertise in providing treatments of multiple different arthritis. You can consult him at his clinic JaipurCare, Jaipur.