Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if I find symptoms that can be of Rheumatoid Arthritis?

If you find pain in joints along with the swelling, stiffness and difficulty in the movement of joints, then you should definitely consult a rheumatologist. A rheumatologist is specialized in treating RA and other rheumatic diseases.

If I am suffering from RA then I will experience most stiffness at night?

A person suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis will experience stiffness in joint and muscles mostly in the morning or after extended periods of inactivity.

Is surgery an only standard treatment available for Ankylosing Spondylitis?

No, there are many standard treatments available. Initially, you must conduct a rheumatologist which will provide you the treatment involving certain medications to reduce inflammation and to stop the progress of the disease.

What is a serious problem in Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Difficulty in breathing. In ankylosing spondylitis, inability of expanding the chest can also be a symptom. Because the disease can cause inflammation and hence limits the range of motion of the spine as well as the joints where the ribs are attached to the spine. This in turn, reduces the ability of expanding which is essential for proper breathing.