Dr. Bhupendra Vaishnav
MD (Med), DNB Rheumatology
9 years experience
Dr. Bhupendra Vaishnav has completed MBBS from Dr. S N Medical College, Jodhpur. Having trained in internal medicine (MD) at JLN Medical College, Ajmer, Dr. Bhupendra Vaishnav further went on to receive his 3 years formal (DNB Superspeciality) rheumatology training at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi under pioneers of rheumatology in India:
Prof Dr. Rohini Handa, Dr. S J Gupta, and Dr. Sundeep Upadhyaya. Being in the capital of India during Rheumatology training, he has had the opportunity to interact not only with eminent rheumatologists of the country but also with international faculty.
...Starting with his research project on Rheumatoid Arthritis during MD Internal Medicine, his interest in rheumatology was further enhanced as he saw a huge gap in the people suffering from rheumatological disorders and the trained rheumatologists available to treat them effectively. In the three years of his training and research, he has learnt about a wide range of rheumatological and autoimmune diseases in India and got imbibed with the state of the art practices in diagnosis and management of rheumatological disorders. During his DNB Rheumatology, he also had external rotation at Army Hospital Research and Referral, New Delhi and SGPGIMS, Lucknow. After having DNB Rheumatology degree, he worked as Clinical associate at Indraprastha Apollo hospitals, New Delhi and later as Consultant Rheumatologist at Rajiv Gandhi Super speciality hospital under Delhi Govt. He has presented papers at various national and international forums. He presented his thesis work on Vitamin D in Rheumatoid arthritis at prestigious American College of Rheumatology (ACR) annual conference at Washington D.C. Many articles published in different journals are under his credit. Currently he is working as Consultant Rheumatologist at EHCC (Eternal) Hospital and at Synovium Rheumatology Clinic, Jaipur.
Scope of services
- Rheumatic diseases are difficult to identify in their early stages. Rheumatologists are specially trained to do the detective work necessary to diagnose these conditions early to begin appropriate treatment because many of these disorders respond best to treatment in the early stages of disease.
- We provide consultation or second opinion, detailed examination, diagnosis and treatment of all autoimmune rheumatological/clinical immunological diseases.
- With the availability of wide array of biologic agents and biosimilar, treatment of complex rheumatological diseases has drastically improved and we are encouraged to treat patients with the target of achieving complete remission instead of low disease activity.
Interpretation of autoimmune tests
- Diagnosis of rheumatological disorders is mainly clinical. Sophisticated immunological tests like RF (RA factor), Anti CCP, ANA, ANCA, HLA B27, HLA B51, Anti ds DNA, Anti SSA, SSB (Ro, La), ENA, APLA, Uric acid etc. could support the diagnosis only when the pre-test probability is high based on clinical profile. Various advancements had been made in laboratory techniques in recent time.
Intraarticular joint injections
- We routinely perform intraarticular joint injections either with depot corticosteroids or viscosupplement (Hyaluronic acid) as per requirement.
Who is Rheumatologist
Rheumatology is a subspecialty in Internal Medicine and Paediatrics that deals with diagnosis and management of rheumatic diseases. The rheumatological problems are systemic diseases predominantly affecting joints, bone and connective tissue. These diseases are usually chronic and can affect any age group and both genders. The person who has been specifically trained in dealing with these disorders is known as Rheumatologist.
Disease & Treatment
Arthritis and its different can really cause great pain, sickness, and many other problems. Our doctor Dr. Bhupendra Vaishnav is an expert in treating Arthritis diseases such as:
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
In Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), the body immune system attack its own, and primarily affects joints. It can mainly cause fatigue, fever, stiffness, and joint pain.Read more
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints, that cause pain and stiffness in the joints.Read more
SPA and AS
In this arthritis, the spine gets affected, along with the joints in arms and legs. The symptoms can be digestive problems,tiredness, and back pain.Read more
Gout is a form of inflammatory arthritis that develops in people who have high levels of uric acid in the blood.Read more
Systemic Lupus ErythematosusRead more
Systemic SclerosisRead more
Sjogren's syndromeRead more
Mixed connective tissue disease / Undifferentiated connective tissue diseaseRead more
Relapsing polychondritisRead more
Polymyalgia rheumaticaRead more
Osteoporosis and metabolic bone diseasesRead more
Childhood arthritis -Juvenile Idiopathic ArthritisRead more
Post viral arthritis
Chikungunya arthritisRead more
Antiphospholipid antibody (APLA) syndromeRead more
Adult Onset Stills DiseaseRead more
GET IN TOUCH
Whether you have questions about treatment, symptoms, procedure or something else, our doctor is ready to answer all your questions.