What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is an inflammation problem in the joints and can affect single or multiple joints. Nearly, more than 100 types of arthritis exist with different symptoms, causes and treatments. The most common ones are Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis.
Generally, the symptoms of arthritis develop gradually, but in some cases, they can also occur suddenly. Mostly, arthritis occurs in old people of age nearly 65+, but it can also occur in younger adults and children. Also, arthritis is more common in women than in men and overweight people.
Symptoms of Arthritis:
The common symptoms of the arthritis are:
- Pain in joints
- Stiffness in the body organs in the morning or after sitting for a while
- Lack of mobility
- Grating: Feeling of things getting rubbed inside
- Swelling in the joints
- Fever and Chills
- Losing weight
- Deficiency of iron or anaemia
- Loss of appetite
- Redness of the skin around the joint
- Juvenile enthesitis-related arthritis
- Enteropathic arthritis
Are you suffering from the above-mentioned symptoms? Then immediately consult a rheumatologist. Dr Bhupendra Vaishnav, at Jaipur Care, is an expert rheumatologist with a vast experience in treating various forms of arthritis. He can provide Arthritis Treatment in Jaipur which gives you relief within minimum time.
Types of Arthritis:
Arthritis is basically divided into two broad categories:
- Non-inflammatory arthritis which is Osteoarthritis
- Inflammatory arthritis includes RA, Gout, Ankylosing spondylitis, etc.
There are more than 100 types of Arthritis and related diseases. The commonly known types are:
- Osteoarthritis: The cartilage which cushions the joint gets broke down.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: The joints get attacked by the immune system of the body.
- Gout: It is also a problem of inflammation but less than RA. In this, excess uric acid crystal gets form inside the joints.
- Back Pain: Back pain is mostly the symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis.
Causes of Arthritis
There is a flexible connective tissue in the joints called Cartilage. Its responsibility is to protect the joints by acting as a cushion. It absorbs the pressure and shock when the joint is under stress. When there is a deformity in this cartilage or reduction in the normal amount it causes some forms of arthritis.
Osteoarthritis, as mentioned above, one of the most common forms of arthritis is caused due to wear and tear in the cartilage. Any injury or infection the joints can make worse the natural degradation of this tissue.
Another common form, Rheumatoid Arthritis, is an autoimmune disorder. In this, the immune system of the body attacks the body tissues. This affects the synovium, a soft tissue in the joints which produces a fluid that lubricates the joints.
Rheumatologist Dr. Bhupendra Vaishnav provide Arthritis Treatment in Jaipur for patients suffering from Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis
In RA both bone and cartilage inside the joint get destructed.
Diagnosis of Arthritis:
If you are suffering from pain in joints then it would be advisable to look for an arthritis diagnosis. The doctor will perform a physical exam, to check the mobility of the joints, red joints, and fluid around the joints.
A rheumatologist is an expert in diagnosing and treating arthritis. For diagnosing, he will use imaging techniques such as X-ray, MRI, and CT scans to produce inside images so to rule other causes.
While looking for the doctor, check for his experience, qualifications, and specialization. A rheumatologist must have the specialization of arthritis you are suffering from. Dr. Bhupendra Vaishnav is an expert in treating several forms of arthritis and have specialization RA, Spondyloarthritis, Ankylosing spondylitis, Goat and others. For best Arthritis Treatment in Jaipur, consult him at Jaipur Care today!
After getting confirm, that you are suffering from an arthritis problem, a rheumatologist will create a treatment plan to help you manage the disease. It will include:
- Medications for controlling the disease and pain:
- Will tell you the ways to become and stay healthy, by doing regular exercise and a proper diet.
- Provide you with the goals for a better quality of life
- Will check the improvement in the treatment by analyzing the pain and overall relief.
Prevention methods of Arthritis
Arthritis is caused by many factors such as overweight, age, family history, gender etc. However, many of them are unavoidable factors but still, there are some that you can control. These are:
- Proper diet: Diet plays an important role in your well being. Always consider an omega-3 rich food in your daily meals to tackle arthritis problems.
- Weight: An overweight is always more prone to the diseases in comparison to fit person. So try to get fit and proper weight as per your age and height.
- Exercise: Regular exercise has always been a remedy to tackle many diseases and problems. It reduces the excessive weight on the joints and keeps them healthy.
- Avoid Injuries: Injuries can degrade the cartilage to a great extent such as during playing sports or meeting an accident. Try to avoid injuries as much as possible.